Thursday, October 05, 2006

Over the River and Through the Woods...

Tomorrow, I leave my home--Kibbutz Tzuba--to go stay with some of our relatives in Jerusalem until Sunday morning, at which point I'll meet up with the rest of the group and we'll all head up North...far north...all the way to the Kineret (Sea of Galilee) to begin Yam L'Yam. The Sea to Sea Hike. This 5-day adventure will take me all the way across the width of Northern Israel, from the Sea of Galilee to the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. Basically, a group of 30 teens won't be showering, washing, or changing clothes for 5 days, while hiking all over the place and sleeping in the wilderness.

I know, sounds like a party, doesn't it?

Actually, I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. Unfortunately, I'll be unable to patch into the wireless internet in the middle of nowhere, but I'm going to be sure to keep a written journal so that I can post my experiences when I return a week from Friday. So until then, everyone take care, send me mail/e-mails, and happy Sukkot, the celebration of the harvest.

--Aron

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness my darling...I don't think you have any IDEA how much I miss you. I have so many days where I just think, "Right now, I could use a hug from Aron more than anything in the world." I just miss you...a lot. But--you seem to having the time of your life. And for that, I am very very glad. I know this means a lot to you, and I'm so excited about how amazing your trip has been, and how amazing I'm sure it will continue to be. But I still miss you and I will be way happy when I get to see you again!

Until then, though, I think I'll write you a letter, because I like writing letters, and I like receiving them (coughcoughwritebackcoughcough). But--keep having the best time ever! ::love::

Friday, October 13, 2006 11:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home