Sunday, September 03, 2006

First day of school

Now we see what the NFTY-EIE staff was talking about when they told us this program was going to be rough.

My days will be something like this:

6:30---Boker Tov (Good Morning)
7:00---Breakfast in the chadar ochel
7:30---Morning T'Fillah
8:00---Ulpan (Hebrew)
9:30---Break
10:00--Jewish History: Land, Cultures, and People
13:00--Lunch in the chadar ochel
13:45--1st class period (FREE!!!)
14:45--2nd class period (AP US History)
15:45--3rd class period (Trigonometry)
16:45--4th class period (AP English Literature)
17:45--5th class period (Honors Physics)
18:45--Dinner in the chadar ochel
19:30--Meeting in the Zoolah (lounge)
20:30--Free Time (Study Study Study Nap Study Study Homework)
23:00--Rooms In
23:30--Laila Tov! (Good Night)

It's going to be a pretty busy four months, but I'm so happy with my classes and my teachers. Especially AP English Lit and AP US History, those classes are going to be fun. I'm really excited about learning Hebrew, and I'm in level TWO! So maybe I'll have a new accent when I get back. That'd be funny, a little Jewish boy with a strong Southern Alabama Hebrew accent.

Last night, the staff blindfolded us and stuck us on a bus (in the Middle East, that was a fun experience), then surprised us with a night time vista from atop one of the mountains where we could see all of the Old City, and we had Havdalah on this spot. Afterwards, they took us to the big mall in Jerusalem, which was very cool. I picked up two Hebrew plays and some great coffee, beats Starbucks any day! The security was great as well, although I freaked out a bit seeing Israeli teens walking around with massive automatic rifles on their backs. All good fun, though.

I wanted to update everyone and will have even more pictures soon. Check previous posts for pictures added yesterday, and since tomorrow is Labor Day back in the States, I'm going to open up my cell phone for anyone to call between the hours of 9pm and midnight Jerusalem time, which is anytime after 1pm CST. Thank G-d for free incoming calls. My cell number, dialed from the U.S., is +972-52-600-0549. If I don't pick up, please leave a voicemail that will make me smile.

Laila Tov

--Aron

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanna see more pictures!!!! so post more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<3 ya!
and miss ya

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PICTURES.
GO.
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I'M MISSING OUT ON

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home