Sunday, August 27, 2006

Like a pinball on speed...


So Friday night, services were amazing. I apologize to the bar mitzvah boy who was supposed to be in the spotlight, but I stole the focus of that service fair and square. Rabbi and Cantor did a beautiful blessing for me and my parents, and managed to make the entire sanctuary moist in the eyeballs...especially my mother and family.

Seeing all my friends this weekend was great, but somewhat depressing. The reality of leaving home for 4 whole months is finally hitting me, although I'm far too excited to be completely crushed. Now it's time for a different experience, something completely new, and I'm ready as can be.

Also, Mom, Dad and myself decided to partake in our version of the Last Supper, consisting of Golden Rule BBQ. Mmmm...so deliciously unkosher. No more of that for a while.

I depart Birmingham about 8am tomorrow morning. And then...life happens, I suppose.


Tonight will not be a good night for sleeping.


Time to begin my big adventure.


--Aron

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

I am so jealous of your trip. You're going to have a blast. If you need to connect with any mountain bikers, let me know.

- James

Monday, August 28, 2006 8:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home