Thursday, December 21, 2006

Finished!!! And Now Into the Desert I Go!

So this afternoon I finished my last exam of the semester. It's over academically. Whew.

Test on 4000 years of Jewish History, AP US History, Physics, AP English Lit, and PreCal...all kinds of fun.

Now, we're about to get on the bus and head South, all the way into the Negev Desert. We're spending tonight at a Bedouin tent, and the weekend we'll be spending at Kibbutz Yahel in the Arava Desert. Then, it's off to the wilderness!

We're going to be hiking through the Negev, all the way to Eilat at the southern-most point of Israel, where land touches the Red Sea.

You know, the Red Sea that Moses parted to allow the Israelites to escape the Egyptians. Yeah, same one.

Not sure when I'll be able to blog again, but for now, I'll just say that I'm glad school's over, and that I'm ready for one hell of a hike. I'll get to test out my Turkish coffee skills too...I'll accept requests for making some when I return.

In any case, it's time to go get on the bus. Happy Chanukah and Shabbat Shalom in advance!

-Aron

aronaltmark@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home